Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Random Ramble

I feel bad that I'm always apologizing for being a blog slacker, so I'm just going to quit feeling bad ;-) (notice, I did not say that I would quit apologizing)

I don't have a real topic that I feel burden to discuss, so I'll just share some of my latest random thoughts:

- It's amazing how many kings in ancient day Israel started off so good "in the eyes of God" and then messed everything up at the end of their life

-I think the Disciples were extra ambitious to share their message because they really thought that have found THE SOLUTION. I imagine, it must have been a "light bulb moment" once they realized how Yeshua's words could transform a person's life, attitude and dreams. 

-I am about to convert my American Driver's license into an Israeli Driver's license, so I can LEGALLY drive. I'm not really aching to drive more per-se, just to drive legally instead of my current illegal practicing. I'm definitely nervous about the whole situation, but I have faith to overcome what feels like a big hurdle. I think the thing that's most annoying is that I use to be a fearless driver just a few years ago. The year before I moved to Israel, I worked for a company that was about an hour away from my house. This job required me to drive on big highways for quite some distance. I ended up having a fear of driving because I thought that I was going to have a panic attack on the road. Before this job, I was driving in places I had never been before with rental cars when leading youth retreats around the country. It's amazing in a sad way how one year really messed with my head and heart. Now, I fight the fear of having a panic attack. I know that I must overcome this to declare victory for my heart. I have been practicing and am feeling more comfortable around our area. In addition, I bought new prescription glasses and sunglasses. Both pairs are great! So, tomorrow is the big day, as I will have my first lesson with Sharon, my Israeli Driving Instructor. Should be interesting...

-I've decided to try a new hair salon instead of returning to Zohar. The guy makes me feel more uncomfortable then comfortable, so I decided his talent was not worth it. I'm hoping to try a salon right across from our place. It looks like a fancy place, so hopefully their decor matches their talent...we shall see. I need to first ask if they have someone that speaks English, as my Hebrew is not good enough to describe exactly what I want with my hair. I guess I could use lots of hand motions and say, "Like this!" haha. Perhaps, I'll have another story to go with my next salon trial.

-Learning Hebrew continues to be my biggest challenge. It's filled with many ups and downs and these can be in the same day. I look forward to the time when I feel more at ease because I do have faith to know it will come.

-There are instances when I think back and wish people in my life had acted differently. I feel so hurt by what they said or did, especially when I see them treat others in the opposite manner. I realized this morning that I must choose to move past this attitude of comparison or I will always live with a bitter edge. It's not good and it doesn't change things. I must seek better fruit then this!

-Lastly, why is it that people who want to be married have difficulty finding a mate and those that don't care so much get married young, and people who want to have children have difficulty and then there are those who get pregnant after a one night stand...why must those who "do things right" endure more? Perhaps, we can handle more? Perhaps, we can show more? Perhaps, it's just part of God's plan to make us all a little more dependent on Him.

These are my rambling thoughts for today....